Not only am I a Scentsy fan, I’m a huge football fan as well. I have five brothers so there was always one sport or another being played, listened to, studied, or recovering from. I learned to love football alongside them. Here in the Arns house, we cheer on our Denver Broncos! Wooo! Thankfully, I married someone who loves football and together we raised three football loving kids. We’ve long spent Sunday afternoons watching our favorite players, crying over missed field goals and lost games, and celebrating with all Bronco fans at every touchdown and championship.
If you think you must, you can follow another team (though I don’t recommend it)! Washington fans, Scentsy is on top of the name change. They’re producing a warmer with their temporary new name, Washington Football Team. Contact me to preorder.
I will admit I was nervous about this year’s football season and still worry it might be cancelled. But I’m gearing up for the year anyway by stocking up on food, snacks, and cold drinks to keep us focused on the game and each other. One of my favorite things to make to snack on during football games is Muddy Buddies. In honor of all of our favorite football players out there, here is Chex’s Muddy Buddy Recipe. If you want to get if from their website, you can find it here: Chex Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.